PROJECT 3. HOW ROMANTIC ARE YOU?
“Love is heavy and light, bright and dark, hot and cold, sick and healthy, asleep and awake- its everything except what it is!”
(Act 1, scene 1)
William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet
Are you in love? What's your ideal love? In this project we'll put our romantic mode on and discover the joys and pains of love. Ready?
First we start off with a love song...
Get familiar with Love language: Yellow book units 15A, 15B, 16A, 16B
Some romantic movies...
KEY TO THE EXERCISES OF ROMEO AND JULIET
Share some Love quotes on our Facebook page and our twitter hashtag #lovekst. Share minimum two love quotes, images, romantic, cheesy or fun with the class and comment or re-tweet with comment.
How much do you know about SHAKESPEARE? DO THE QUIZ
Read the play Romeo and Juliet in class and at home
Watch the Movie with Leo di Caprio
1. Reflect about the film and the book in groups. DIFFERENCES.
Question 1. SETTING:Places Where does the classical play and the new version take place? Example: Verona vs Verona Beach . Where are they? Which century?
Question 2.. IMAGERY: metaphors & images :
WATER (swimming pool, beach, aquarium...) and FIRE (petrol station, fights...)
DAY and NIGHT, the MOON. What do they mean?
Question 3.. LANGUAGE. Which characters speak in verse and which in prose? Who is the narrator?
Question 4. THE FANCY DRESS PARTY.What's the role of the costumes the characters wear?
Question 5. ELEMENTS. To make the new version, basic elements have been changed. Example: swords for gun
Question 6. Other differences of the classical version and the film version
2. YOU ARE THE NEW DIRECTOR for the ADAPTATION OF ROMEO AND JULIET for the 21st century.
1. Main characters. Who are the actors and actresses?
What is the Friar like? And the Prince?
2. Setting: where does the action take place? Any music?
3. Elements: Make it modern with technology: mobiles, internet, GPS...
4. Time & communication
- How do characters fight? where?
- How do they know about the party at the Capulet's?
- How do Romeo and Juliet communicate?
- How do you represent banishment?
- How does the Friar communicate with Romeo in Mantua?
5. Other elements
Review some grammar
WRITING TOPICS FOR A "MY WORLD"
ROMANTIC PROJECT OPTIONS
1. Perform your favourite scene of Romeo and Juliet, live or on video!
Summarize the book into a trailer of 2-3 minutes. You can use images, sounds, videoclips and quotes from Shakespeare. Make the audience really eager to read the story!:))
3. Create a Romeo and Juliet canvas at edcanvas.com
OTHER LOVE SONGS WE HAVE ENJOYED